ONLY BOOK A PIERCING APPOINTMENT IF YOU ARE GETTING PIERCED.
Snake Bite Piercing
It is imperative for new piercings to have proper aftercare during the healing process. Not doing so can delay the healing time by months or sometimes years, do not take it lightly. Below we have outlined the general things you should do as well as things you should not be when caring for your piercing.
- Reduce pain and swelling: Ice combined with IB Profin will help alleviate pain and swelling- IB Profin should be used as directed on bottle.
- Before caring for your piercing: Always wash your hands before cleaning or handling your new piercing.
- Clean piercing regularly: The piercing should be cleaned 2-4 times a day – We suggest using unscented antibacterial soap, Epson Salt dissolved in warm water, saline solution, or we have several aftercare products available for purchase. (Do NOT use – Neosporin, Vaseline, Alcohol, or Peroxide).
- Check jewelry daily: While cleaning your piercing, you should check that jewelry is secure as well as slightly rotate the piercing. (Only rotate when piercing area is wet, never dry)
- Avoid overly touching the piercing: Never play with your piercing jewelry or touch it with unwashed hands – this can cause irritation or infection.
- Avoid swimming while it is healing: Pools, lakes and, oceans; typically 4-6 weeks
- Changing your jewelry: You should wait at least 2 weeks before your Jewelry is changed out, this should be done by a professional piercer the first time. We are available to change the jewelry for you.
Cleaning Instructions by Piering Type
- Oral Piercings: Every time you “eat” or “drink” (besides water), “smoke anything,” “kiss,” “or put anything in your mouth”: you should rinse with (NON-ALCOHOL) Mouthwash. You can use Listerine, BUT use 1/2 Listerine, 1/2 Water in a clean glass cup. Brush teeth regularly.
- Labret, Snake Bites, Monroe, and Dimples Piercings: as mentioned above, but also clean around the ball on outside with Bactine or Saline Solution on clean Q-Tip.
- All Other Piercings: Clean around the ball with Bactine or Saline Solution in clean Q-Tip. AVOID USING FINGERS!
- First week: Twice a day. Second week: Once a day. Third week”: Every other day
Approximate Healing Time
Please make note that everyone heals at a different rate, the healing time below refers to a standard healing time for those specific piercings.
- Cheek: 2 – 3 months
- Cartilage: 2 months – 1 year
- Earlobe: 6 – 8 weeks
- Eyebrow: 6 – 8 weeks
- Genitals: 4 weeks – 6 months
- Labret: 6 – 8 weeks
- Lip: 6 – 8 weeks
- Navel: 6 months – 1 year
- Nipple: 2 – 6 months
- Nostril: 2 months – 1 year
- Septum: 6 – 8 weeks
- Tongue: 4 – 6 weeks